Some of my work over the last decade:
CWP / Solr
- With a timeframe of 6 weeks from briefing to production, this was a great example of how a finely-tuned multi-functional Agile team can deliver great results with a very tight timeframe and limited budget. Working with DNA
I built this site using a codebase we inherited from another agency and that I incrementally improved during builds for tradingstandards.govt.nz
Pure.css / BEM
- Since November 2016 I've been working with the fantastic team at DNA
. For this project I built the vast majority of the front-end using BEM methodology and the Pure.css framework whilst greatly increasing my knowledge of Silverstripe's back-end. Daily meetings with the client ensured that the process went very smoothly and was a big win for everyone involved.
Oyster Bay Wines
Concrete5 / Gulp
Parallax / SASS
- In 2016 I worked with digital agency Spitfire
and boutique designer Paola Dashwood
to build this charming little site using the open source CMS Concrete5
. Despite several setbacks and challenges along the way, the site was delivered on time with all of the desired features due to a great collaborative effort and perseverance to deliver a top quality product.
Concrete5 / Grunt
3 SASS theme builds
Node.js / Express
Stylus / JADE / Mongo
www.stoptober.nz (No longer online)
- Stoptober is an annual campaign to help people stop smoking, and in August 2015 after quitting smoking myself a month earlier I built the web application that runs the 2015 campaign. Working with Touchcast
, I built both front and back end using the most cutting-edge web technologies: Node, Express 4, JADE, Stylus, and Mongoose with MongoDB.
Drupal / LESS
Front-End / Isotope
- Early in 2015 I built the front end for NZ law firm Meredith Connell's new Drupal website with the talented folks at Insight Creative
. Although the back-end developer was in Wellington and I was working in Auckland, we collaborated daily and were able to deliver the polished product one week ahead of schedule using modern technologies such as git, beanstalk and of course the good old telephone.
Wordpress / SASS
Bootstrap 3 / Masonry
- Early in 2014, I worked with Tin Soldier
Silver Fern Farms
Silverstripe / SASS
- During a 3 month contract with Colenso BBDO
, I skinned the mobile version of this website as well as working on several small campaigns and projects for clients such as BNZ (Power of a Dollar
campaign), Burger King (Outlaw campaign), Fonterra (iPad app for Memphis Meltdown), Frucor (migration of V website
) and Volkswagen (email newsletter templates).
Drupal / SOAP / XML
JSON / Web Services
- During my time in Germany, I was employed by Scopevisio AG and spent a large amount of my time there building their company website with Drupal. With a minimal amount of plugins being used, I wrote most of the code myself and much of the content is generated using XML files and through Web Services using SOAP and JSON. During my time at Scopevisio, I really felt that I had made the transition from intermediate to senior developer.
Front-End / Git
Front-End / UX
- Working with amazing designers at The Church
in Wellington, I produced a custom Wordpress theme for the NZ Hairdressing Industry Training Organisation. I worked closely with the client on a daily basis through the whole process and helped transform into web their many ideas and desires. I was the sole developer working on this project, writing the front-end and server-side code.
Front-End / ASP.NET
- As well as this site, in 2009 and 2010 I wrote the entire front-end for over 50 websites with Solutionists
and integrated these into their custom .NET e-commerce CMS framework. I also scripted over 100 HTML EDMs in Campaign Monitor for Overland Footwear
and others. Most of the sites I build for clients such as Overland, Huffer Store, Deuce Shoes have since been replaced but a couple that remain unchanged are Big Man Clothing
, and NZ Ministry of Health
I was born in England, grew up in Auckland and have also lived in Wellington, London and Bonn, Germany. I love playing guitar, singing and acting. In 2018 I joined Whitianga's Offbeat Theatre to act in my 5th play, and co-founded a local improv theatre group.
Due to my interest in both maps and education, in 2016 I built this site with AngularJS as an aid to house-hunting in New Zealand. My next venture is to become a skilled mobile app developer, I currently have two apps in development using React Native.
Latest website launched October 2018:
Greater Christchurch Claims Resolution Service